Custom Search

September 20, 2009

Story about an almost successful identity theft

Joseph P. Kahn, a writer for the Boston Globe, tells his tale about his near miss with a potentially disastrous theft of his identity.  The whole article is an entertaining and informative read.  Check it out here - http://www.boston.com/business/personalfinance/articles/2009/09/19/identity_theft_hits_home/

My favorite quote from his article is:
Our branch bank swears it would never authorize an address change without a photo ID and signature. I hope not. It takes a photo ID for me to board a commercial airliner. Apparently my bank accounts can fly across the country on a pseudonymous phone call made from an unlisted number. Who knew?


Joseph, if the theft of your identity ends up coming to fruition despite your best efforts to stop it, please feel free to contact me for advice or help.  But if you do become a Dodgers fan, I'm afraid even I won't be able to help you.

No comments:

Post a Comment