- Check-writing history—bounced checks and accounts closed due to fraud or insufficient funds.
- Tenant history—rental history, including eviction actions obtained from court records or previous landlords.
- Insurance claims history—history on your past homeowner and vehicle claims.
- Medical history—routine health information and history of medical conditions such as diabetes, asthma or depression.
- Prescription history—prescription drugs used and dosages/refill history.
- Employment background—screening for criminal history, marital status, prior addresses and driving record.
The Fair Credit Reporting Act applies to these types of reports as well as providing special rights and protections that apply to these reports. The rights that the FCRA affords to consumers that apply to specialty reports include:
The article also provides a nice list of the "other" consumer reporting agencies and how to request a consumer report from each. I've reprinted it below:
To order a check writing history report, contact Chexsystems at 800-428-9623; Shared Check Authorization Network at 800-262-7771; and Telecheck at 800-366-2425.
To order an insurance claims history report, contact ChoicePoint at 866-312-8076 and A-Plus Reports at 800-709-8842.
To order a medical history report, contact Medical Information Bureau at 866-692-6901.
To order a prescription history report, contact MedPoint at 888-206-0335 and IntelliScript at 877-211-4816.
To order an employment background screening report, contact ChoicePoint at 866-312-8075.http://www.ksl.com/?nid=968&sid=20496542