Custom Search

November 09, 2009

Identity Theft Program Backfires on Consumer

Straight from StatesmanJournal.com.  Unfortunately this is all too common with these identity theft protection companies:

I heard about an identify theft program that protects you for only $110 a year and you can sleep at night with no worries of someone stealing your identity and maxing out your credit cards.


When I agreed to the program, I used my credit card for the yearly fee. But when I received my credit card statement, the company that I had signed onto had billed me twice, for $220.


This is the company that is supposed to protect me. I am supposed to get a credit for that and hopefully I will.

I can only hope this is all that will happen to me on this.
Too bad the person that posted this did not identify the company so others could avoid her fate.

No comments:

Post a Comment